Today I am going to share with you benefits of gram flour (or besan) for skin. Gram flour is something on which I rely the most when it comes to skin problems. It has many amazing properties and is rich in carbohydrates and proteins. I am going to share with you various methods in which you can use this powder for your skin and get maximum benefits.
1. Brightens skin: Gram flour is known for its cleansing properties. It cleans your skin so well that you can see the results instantly. Different methods of using it as a cleanser are:-
• Take 1-2 tbsp of gram flour in a bowl and add rose water to it. Apply it all over your face and leave it for 20 minutes or until it dries. Wash off your face with cold water scrubbing the pack in circular motion. Your face will look brighter instantly. This method is my personal favorite as it always works for me.
• Take 1-2 tbsp of gram flour add a pinch of turmeric to it. Now add some lime juice and honey to form a thick paste. Apply it all over your face and wash with cold water after 20 minutes. Use it 3 times a week for best results.
2. Daily DIY Face wash: Gram flour can also be used as a daily DIY face wash. You will definitely see amazing results after using it regularly for 3 weeks twice daily.
• Take 1 tbsp of gram flour and add 1 tbsp of fuller’s earth(multani mitti) to it and half tbsp of wild turmeric. Add water to make a thick paste. Mix it well keep it in an air tight container. Apply it every time mixing water in it and leave it for 2 minutes on your face and then wash off. ( You can skip wild turmeric if you don’t have it)
3. For acne: Gram flour has zinc in it which helps to fight the infection that cause acne. It also controls excess sebum production and soothes inflamed skin.
• Take 1 tbsp of gram flour add a pinch of turmeric and 1 tbsp raw milk to make a paste. Apply it all over your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash off with normal water
• Take 1 tbsp of gram flour add 1tbsp of sandalwood powder and a pinch of turmeric with rose water and honey to make a paste. Apply it all over your face and let it dry for 15-20 minutes. Wash off your face with water.
Use it at least thrice a week for best results. You can use it daily also.
4. For removing tan: Gram flour can be really effective for removing tan. Use the method daily for best results.
• Take 1 tbsp of gram flour in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp of yogurt to it. Squeeze some drops of lemon to it and your tan removal mask is ready. Apply it on affected areas and leave for 20 minutes. Wash with normal water. You can also use this method on dark elbows and knees.
5. As an exfoliating scrub: Gram flour also works as a skin exfoliating scrub and removes dead skin and makes skin healthy and glowing.
• Take 1 tbsp of gram flour. Now add 1 tbsp of oats to it. Add 1 tbsp of raw milk and 1 tbsp of honey and mix it well to form a scrub. Scrub your face gently with this mixture for 2-3 minutes and then leave it for 10 minutes. Wash off with plain water.
6. For dark circles: Gram flour can remove dark circles due to it’s skin lightening properties and gives nourishment to your under eye area.
• Take 1 tsp of gram flour. Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric to it. Now add 1 tsp of curd. Apply it in your under eye area or area with hyperpigmentation. Leave for 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water. This remedy will give amazing results if used regularly.
Do a patch test before using any method as some ingredients might not suit your skin. Don’t use soap immediately after using turmeric as it makes the skin dark in color.